MAX PRO 2000+ (MAX PRO 3+ v2)
15W FM broadcasting transmitter, replacement for old MAX PRO 3+
The new MAX PRO 2000+ FM exciter is a simplified version of our MAX PRO 2000+ board and a direct replacement for our old and extremely popular MAX PRO 3+ board covering entire FM band from 87.5 to 108MHz without any tuning. Although this version lacks some of the features of the MAX PRO 3000+ it still represents a big improvement over the old MAX PRO 3+ with hot features such as power/swr readout on LCD, temperature readout on LCD, new easy connect Maxlink/I2C socket, improved silent cooling system, supply voltage readout on LCD and LCD-adjustable SWR/TEMP alarm with protection and many others (see manual)!
The design of the MAX PRO 2000+ is the result of over 1,000 hours of research and development, encompassing mathematical analysis, computer simulation and modeling, and numerous prototypes and experiments spanning over a one year period. The result is a rugged, high quality FM exciter designed to run silently and cool 24/7.
The MAX PRO 2000+ is purposely over-engineered, using the very best components and materials that can be located. MAX PRO 2000+ is built the way you would build it for yourself if you had the time, knowledge, money, and inclination to do so. Why wait? Your dream FM transmitter/exciter can be yours in just days!
This FM exciter/transmitter carries a one year limited warranty on parts and labor against defects in materials and workmanship, excepting the RF final transistor.
How is MAXPRO2000+ different from MAX PRO3000+?
– No input for external power/swr reading
– No audio level display on LCD
– Power adjustable only via LCD (not possible to set it via trimmer)
– No ON/OFF switch on board
– No fuse on board
– No fine frequency adjustment trimmer
– Smallest available PLL step only 50KHz
The rest of the specifications are pretty much identical to MAX PRO 3000+
Can I upgrade my CyberMaxFM transmitter with new exciter?
Sure, but note that the new LCD unit has a new I2C connector. If your stereo encoder is not the new SE5000 you may have some trouble figuring out the connections so it may be better to replace the stereo encoder as well (replace with SE3000 or SE5000 with new MaxLInk I2C socket)
: – RF Output Power: 0 to 15 Watts (18W max., 10-15W typ, fully variable via LCD or trimmer)
– Output connector: BNC
– Output Impedance: 50 Ohms
– Frequency Range: 87.5-108MHz
– PLL Steps: 50KHz
– Frequency stability: +/- 100Hz
– Spurious/Harmonic rejection: Harmonics: >50dB, Spurious: -90dB
– Power Supply: 11-15V/2.5A or car battery (does not require 15V anymore)
– Power connector: 2.1mm power socket, center (+)
– Quartz Locked PLL Frequency Control
– Ultra Stable, Ultra Clean Output
– Audio performance: Less than 0.2% distortion, 20Hz-75KHz
– RF output ruggedness: SWR protection
– Polarity protection, temp protection
– Pre-emphasis, 50uS, 75uS or none
– Audio Input Impedance: 10Kohm, unbalanced
– Audio Input Level: 0 dB
– S/N ratio: >90 dB
– PC Board Size: Same as MAX PRO 3+, 100x125mm
– Audio connectors: RCA jack, optional MCX
** LCD Expansion EUR 45